Monday, February 27, 2012

Storyteller and source in the digital age

With tomorrow's journalism and social media forum at the MUB, I thought I'd share a blog post I wrote Friday over at journalism21: A few observations and conversations on storyteller and source in the digital age.
Here's an excerpt from my post:
"(David) Carr’s description captured a dilemma described in an email I received from a college professor only minutes before. The professor had been watching raw Youtube footage of injured victims of the Syrian shelling.
How can I integrate any of this?” my professor friend wrote. “It’s messing with me on an existential level.”
It is a conundrum - and a compelling challenge - of this era: How best to harness the rich array of raw social media documentation to tell stories with deeper meaning?"
You can find the full post here.
Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment